Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lie to Me...



No...I don't want you to "lie to me," but I am addicted to a new TV show on Fox called Lie to Me (http://www.fox.com/lietome/). My schedule is pretty hectic so I DVR all of my favorite shows and watch them on Saturday afternoon, so if you watch the show on Wednesdays please don't spoil it for me.

Lie to Me is a show about about micro-expressions, nonverbal communication and body language which are passions of mine and topics that I often teach in my etiquette workshops, seminars and one-on-one coaching. You'd be surprised what you can pick up about a person once you understand the basics of nonverbal communication. It's a wonderful tool to use in sales negotiations or when you're on a date (you'll be able to tell he or she is faking it and really is just not that into you). The mouth can lie but the body can't!

How good are you at catching someone in a lie? Take The Lightman Group Lie Detection Test and find out. http://www.fox.com/lietome/lightmantests/

No comments:

Post a Comment